Day 3 of no bread, meat, or sweets: I forgot to post this morning’s smoothie 😕...but here is tonight’s dinner : “ Homemade Black Bean Burgers On Cabbage Buns W/ Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potato Hash” • Ingredients & Instructions Below ⬇️ 1. Choose your bean base ( I used black beans, lentils, and garbanzo beans)
2. Spread your beans in an oven safe pan and allow them to cook for about 10-15 mins( this is going to dry them out and prevent soggy burgers)
3. While that’s happening, choose your add ins and go ahead and cook them down so they will be ready for your bean mixture ( I sautéed garlic, red onion, and sweet corn). Make sure not to use to much oil or butter to keep unnecessary moisture out of your burger.
3. Your beans should be cooked by now. Take them out and mash mash mash! You don’t have to mash them to death..try to keep some texture.
4. Once you’re done, grab a big bowl and throw your mushed beans and add-ins to the bowl.
5. You’ll now want to season ( I used garlic salt, paprika, chilli powder, and pepper)
6. Now you need to make it all stick together. I used breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, and ketchup..but there’s lots of alternatives
7. Now mix it all up, form your patties, throw them in the oven or cook them on the stovetop.
#food #foodie #health #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #healthyliving #nomeat #beanburger #veggies #veggieburger #personalblog #blog #blogger #bloggersofinstagram #mom #mommy #healthymom #momswhoblog #mommyblogger #fitness